1st shift - CNC Support Operator
- Shared responsibility for finished goods meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Secondary: works in different areas such as coiling, flaring, drilling, and cutting when needed.
- Review drawings for special notes on the packaging and special length requirements of tubing.
- Maintain supplies.
- Make labels for tubing and properly complete production reports (per work instructions)
- Proper use of measuring devices (measurement training required)
- Adhere to quality standards and guidelines. Maintain accurate records
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion, follow 5s practices
- Report production issues to Value Stream Team Leader
- Basic understanding of lean fundamentals preferred
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and five or more years related machining experience in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work with minimum supervisory guidance in a team environment.
2. Able to help set up and run a minimum of CNC machine types.
3. Handles multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet customer needs.
4. May require specialized certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified operator).
5. Reads, understands, and follows blueprints, complex drawings, engineering specifications, and informal written or verbal instructions.
6. Able to make and evaluate precision machine set ups
7. Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
8. Able to implement lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
9. Must be able to read and understand written and verbal instructions, procedures, drawings and blueprints.
10. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
11. Possesses effective mentoring and training skills and ability to serve as a resource to other team members.
12. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e-mail).
13. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.