Position Overview: This advanced level position is responsible for setting up and running mill machines. Responsible for machining custom aerospace tooling. This is a 1st shift position located in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Essential Job Functions
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Sets up./operates machine and verifies accuracy of machine settings or program control data.
Non-essential Job Functions
· Develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
· Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
· Aerospace experience is a plus.
· Hurco, Mazak, Haas, 3 - 4 - 5 axis experience preferred.
Mitsubishi MVR-30 experience preferred (or similar large-product CNC machines)
· Capable of reading blueprints.
· Capable of using all measurement tools necessary to check parts.
· Capable of proving out machine programs.
· CMM experience a plus.
· Knowledgeable of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
· Capable of selecting appropriate tools and fixtures to run jobs.