Oversee the preparation and analysis of cost accounting, general accounting and financial reporting. Provide analysis and explanation of operating results on a monthly and as needed basis. Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Banking, Tax reporting and Fixed Assets processes and personnel.
· Oversees the general ledger monthly close process and financial statement review and publishing.
· Oversees internal and external audit process.
· Oversees tax and compliance requirements.
· Review of balance sheet account reconciliation.
· Processes financial reports for various projects as required.
· Assists Department Heads and Executives in the analyzing of monthly expenses
· Monitors the computer accounting system including training new users and serving as security administrator.
· Supervises the work of accounting, and associated accounting personnel within the Accounting Department.
· Provides training and direction to accounting staff. Encourages efficient use of accounting resources.
· Analyzes, interprets, develops, and implements fiscal procedures.
· Establishes and maintains accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations.
· Establishes, monitors and enforces internal controls
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Superior skills in use of Excel, MS Word and ERP systems
· Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
· Understanding of accounting standards (GAAP), rules, regulations, and internal controls
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality standards
· Ability to multi-task.
· Must perform other tasks as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· 8-10 years’ experience in General Accounting and Bookkeeping.
· Experience with managing accounting procedures, processes and personnel
· Experience with Financial Software processes and programs.
· Degree or advanced training in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or program required.