Customer Service Mechanical Engineer
CUSTOMER SERVICE MECHANICAL ENGINEER
The Customer Service Mechanical Engineer supports our organization’s ability to maintain, repair and overhaul gas turbine engines used in flight applications. A Customer Service Engineer’s role is to act as a liaison between the company and our customer, and address issues in a timely and professional manner. The Customer Service Engineer ensures that information flows clearly to and from the Production and Service Engineers who direct the maintenance of product. The Customer Service Engineer will be the focal point for coordinating customer material reviews of nonconforming product as well as support warranty or accident investigations. The Customer Service Engineer is also responsible for leading working groups with the customer to identify ways to help increase the value of our overhaul service by improving performance, reliability or reducing cost.
• Review customer required technical and contractual data and establish clarification as required. Support the business in negotiation / definition of specific requirements.
• Provide technical lead for customer program meetings, and relay performance, reliability and cost metrics as required.
• Serves as both a single point of company contact for the assigned customer and as an internal customer advocate in order to ensure the needs of the customer are effectively communicated to appropriate staff.
• Provides working instructions for the teardown, inspection, repair and build of products to ensure consistency with current design authority, contractual and regulatory requirements.
• Reviews service bulletins, airworthiness directives, Time Compliance Technical Data changes, and engine maintenance manual changes and incorporates amendments into production.
• Reviews warranty claims, conducts quality related investigations, and advises management on the disposition of assigned items.
• Provides written or verbal technical advice for internal company customers; produces reports relating to product serviceability, repair summaries, warranty, and failure analysis.
• Provides technical information and direction to internal and external customers pertaining to the resolution of serviceability problems with the products supported.
• Makes recommendations on direct operating cost reduction by analyzing overhaul and fleet data.
• Generates reports and updates on projects from assigned customers including the development of estimates, invoices, engineering reports, warranty information, status reports, and the coordination of customer program review meetings.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited engineering curriculum.
• Experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Working knowledge of computer software systems
• Working knowledge of gas turbine engine theory.
• Knowledge and experience in the following is preferred:
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis,
Measurement Systems Analysis,
Familiarity with US Government or Commercial Maintenance Manuals.
• Experience participating in accident investigation
• Good project planning and organizational skills and an ability to accomplish projects on schedule with limited supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to clearly convey technical instructions both orally and in writing
• Must be authorized to work in the US.