Distribution Center Maintenance Technician - 2nd shift position
Our company designs, develops and manufactures premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of the tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
We have an opening for a second shift Maintenance Tech.
Second shift hours: 3:30pm - 12am
The Maintenance Team Member will report to the Maintenance Manager. This will be a critical supporting role for the development and ongoing maintenance of our new distribution facility. This position will maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and install equipment that utilizes hydraulics, pneumatics, robotics, and/or programmable logic controls (PLCs). This position will minimize machine downtime and unplanned breakdowns by performing preventive maintenance work, completing repairs in a timely manner, and implementing maintenance process improvements. This position will conduct safety inspections on equipment and comply with all safety rules and regulations while performing work.
1. Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, and wearing required PPE.
2. Maintenance/repair of manufacturing equipment/processes/systems (PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, automated conveyor systems), including painting, sheet metal work, welding, etc.; diagnose machine malfunctions, disassemble, and determine extent of repairs necessary, estimate labor time, purchase or make repair parts, and conduct, test, and release repairs.
3. Perform preventive maintenance operations including inspecting drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, worn parts, and clean and lubricate machinery.
4. Monitor safety standards and complete scheduled inspections for all machines.
5. Perform general repairs and maintenance of building (utility, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, masonry, etc.) including the maintenance, repair and movement of hydraulic and pneumatic air lines of the conveyor system.
6. Assist with installation of capital equipment and electrical wiring systems in a safe, timely, and competent manner.
7. Implement and maintain the Company's electronic asset management and maintenance record keeping system.
8. Prepare project plans and project status reports, as required.
9. Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned, depending of shift and knowledge of equipment.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
Salary: $28 - $32/hr + .25 shift differential
High School Diploma and seven (7) years' experience with full working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLCs, electrical wiring, and troubleshooting. Ability to demonstrate Basic math. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English. Ability to learn, problem-solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents. Ability to communicate and work as a team member. Ability to weld, fabricate, repair, and install equipment.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above shoulders, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 70 pounds . Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.