Fabrication Technician / Assembly
Essential Job Functions for all levels:
· Lead and/or participate in Continuous Improvement activities, to include: 6S, Kaizen Events, Team Building, and Training.
· Perform basic preventative maintenance on equipment, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
· Utilize IT hardware (keyboard, screen) to access and use M2M shop floor manager for the purposes of tracking labor, issuing materials, routing Job Orders (JO’s ) through the operations.
· Participate in teaming activities, meetings and make suggestions to improve the flow of work, reduce set-up and run times.
· Handle/move/count/issue/request raw materials, work in process, and finished goods.
· Inspect work area and finished product for Foreign Object Debris (FOD).
· Inspect parts to print specifications.
· Specify, order, and organize tools.
· Fill out job order travelers and set up sheets.
· Package products for shipment.
· Label components / assemblies for final shipment.
· Apply nut plates and test utilizing certified click bond process.
· Assemble components into assemblies.
· Prepare and Mask components for paint and wet finishing.
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
· Preferred- Associates degree (A.A.) from two-year college/technical or vocational institute and 2+ years of related experience in assembly/packaging.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ Ability to read and interpret documents, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
§ Ability to effectively write reports and correspondence.
§ Ability to speak effectively before employees and management of the organization.
§ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
§ Solve complex problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.