The Maintenance Lead is responsible for the passenger to freight modification activities on the hangar floor. Reports directly to the Director of MRO.
1. Provides day to day supervision of Group Leaders.
2. Responsible for cost efficiencies and cost effectiveness of the processes involved in the modification of aircraft.
3. Generates and implements cost saving ideas to improve the passenger to freight modification program.
4. Manages manpower schedules for the floor.
5. Coordinates interdepartmental operations.
7. Assists in assuring all applicable procedures and policies are enforced and monitored.
8. Ensures personnel safety and aircraft airworthiness are the primary objectives in all activities.
9. Daily attendance is an essential requirement.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
High school education and trade or technical school.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Minimum of five years experience in aircraft maintenance and five or more year’s supervisory experience. Must have a valid Airframe & Powerplant Mechanics certificate.
Exposed to typical aircraft repair station conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable. Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
Working areas naturally ventilated and mechanically heated when required.
Work may be performed while exposed to elements of weather.
Travel required as needed.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
Requires lifting of items weighing up to and over 60 pounds on a frequent basis.
Requires physical effort associated with standing/walking/sitting.
Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and/or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required, and the ability to push/pull, i.e.: open/close file cabinets and/or handle machinery.
Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
Able to properly recognize and distinguish colors.
Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires sustained periods of concentration.
Must be able to handle stressful situations without affecting logical decision-making.