Single-Tube Bend Machine Operator/Assembler
Currently seeking a Tube Bender or Single-Tube Bend Machine Operator/Assembler for an immediate vacancy in the Fort Worth, TX area. The ideal candidate will possess 1 year of related experience including degreasing using solvents and aqueous degreasing methods, preparing tubing for bending and preparing tubing components for stock or transport.
Responsibilities of the Tube Bender
Reads work order, blueprints, sketches, and bend data charts, or works from master tubing templates to determine tubing dimensions, configuration, and finish specifications.
- Establishes basic and moderately complex trim lines of parts and relationship of parts to each other, using master tube data, master template, and measuring systems.
- Sets up and operates variety of manual and power machines such as band saws to cut, form, swage, flare, and burr tubing according to specifications.
- Performs single bend operations using the semi-automatic tube bender.
- Attaches fittings, such as nuts, sleeves, collars, and caps, to tubing components, using hand tools and machines.
- Aligns, fits, and assembles tubing components in jigs and fixtures for subsequent welding.
- Measures and inspects tubing components for conformance to customer and company requirements using the following devices, height gauge, bevel protractor, calipers, ball gauges, stanchions, fixtures, CMM, Aicon System and visual controls.
- Tests tubing assemblies for leaks and other defects, using pressure-testing equipment.
- Marks identifying information on tubing, using electrochemical etching device, label, or other method.
- Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
- Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and maintains clean, orderly and foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
- Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
Requirements of the Tube Bender
High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related experience including degreasing using solvents and aqueous degreasing methods, preparing tubing for bending and preparing tubing components for stock or transport
- Must acquire certified operator stamp within one year in position
- Must be able to perform rigid tube processes, water spider processes, and band saw processes with limited assistance
- Performs basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills
- Must be proficient at reading and understanding written instructions, procedures, blueprints, route sheets and test specifications
- Possesses strong mechanical reasoning skills
- Able to implement and effectively apply lean/continuous improvement initiatives
- Must be able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications
- Able to use employee self-service to access online information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e- mail)
- May be required to move parts or equipment weighing up to 10 pounds distances of up to 30 feet