Take Up - Extrusion Support
Great temp-to-hire opportunity with a global manufacturer in the mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. Become part of this amazing company to build your long-term career at their Fort Worth location.
- Provide Quality Control lab with test samples from each extrusion
- Adjust pads on take-up according to the size of diameter on manufacturing specifications and change oven profiles according to instructions
- Communicate number of preforms needed for job-based on the footage to extrusion department
- Create SPC chart for a new job to track OD
- Monitor and measure wall thickness, OD and ID of beginning and ending cuts
- After the finished tube is extruded, pressure test with air
- If needed, run finished tube through roller test before pressure testing with air
- Fill out Preform Record Form, enter data into MRP, print labels and use a scanner to place in stock
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion, follow 5S practices
- Know and practice all safety regulations and quality guidelines
- Report production issues to Direct Lead
- Perform work of an equal or lower classification
- Demonstrate the ability to operate department equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude -- Use of measurement tools, such as calipers, gauges, calculators
- Prior extrusion experience (1-2 yrs) preferred.
- Read and understand work orders in English
- Work well as a team, meeting production standards
- Basic understanding of lean fundamentals preferred
- Eligible to work in the US
- At least 18 years of age with HS Diploma or GED
- Position requires standing, kneeling, bending, lifting up to 50 lbs.